10/23/16

Sibling Photo Assignment 2016.9: Things That Bring Me Comfort #3Siblings

"Create a series of pictures that depict a sense of comfort."

This is this week's photo sibling assignment Christy assigned to us.

Brother Bill's photos are here, and Christy's photos are here.

Today was a good day to take these photos, because today wasn't a good day.

I needed comfort. 


After a breakdown this afternoon that involved the shedding of many tears, I took advantage of the many comforts around my home.
Hugs from Paul always bring me comfort.

Spending time in the kitchen also brings me comfort.  Today I canned apple pie filling, and the smell of cinnamon and nutmeg brought me much comfort.
Pie is my favorite dessert.  Today I made an apple pie, and it brought comfort, especially when I got to eat it!!

 I love this blue quilt.  It is the blanket in our closet that brings me the most comfort.



A crackling fire always brings me comfort.  I love having a fireplace in our home (actually two fireplaces), and the warmth from the fire brings much comfort, especially on a cold evening.



 

2 comments:

Gathering Around the Table said...

Perfect comfort items. It made me feel warm and comforted just seeing them. I hope you are okay now after all the comforts.

Nita Jo said...

I'm sorry you were having a rough day. Your comfort items are perfect! The hug photo is wonderful! I also love the one of you with that big smile, wrapped in your blanket. Hoping tomorrow will be a better day!