12/19/10

You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch!!

Our next Christmas-themed sibling assignment given to us by IEG is this:

What book or story most connects you to Christmas and why?  IEG's is here, and RP's is here.




I would have to say "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" is one of my favorite Christmas stories.  I like it because this nasty, lonely Grinch who lives up on the mountain with his dog Max is so mad because of all the Who's enjoying Christmas, and so he goes down to Whoville to steal Christmas.  But in the end he realizes that Christmas isn't all the packages, boxes and bags!!  It is the time spent with family and friends, and the spirit of love that is the true meaning of Christmas.

I love how the Grinch is transformed because of the love he feels from the Whos down in Whoville, the tall and the small.  I love how his heart grows 10 sizes.  I love how the Whos accept him despite how Grinchy he had been in the past.

I need to extend this same love and grace to those "grinches" in my life, and realize their shoes may be too small, and they just need a little love to make their heart grow in size.

Or maybe they just need to carve the roast beast.

No comments: