4/3/20

Gathering Graces 4/2/2020 Often it is the little things

Today, it was the little things that made my day.

A message on my phone from a friend saying she was thinking of Paul and I, and knew all our girls were not with us, and that we were in her prayers.  So nice to get that message.

A message from one of my Tri-Delta pledge sisters, setting up a "Zoom Happy Hour" next week for members of my pledge class so we can check in on one another and see how everyone is doing.

Paul and I walked to the store, and when we returned home, a lovely neighbor had left some toilet paper, a loaf of banana bread and a nice card on the front porch for us.


This year for Christmas I gave away Amaryllis bulbs to family and friends.  I had two bubs left that I planted about a month and a half ago.  They are starting to bloom.  Beautiful flowers are always a mood booster!

You now how you always wish you had a housework fairy come and do some projects you want done around the house.  Well, mine live here, and their names are Paul and Zoe.  After my morning routine of teaching and other things, I am usually back in bed around 8 a.m. to sleep another three or four hours then get up and have lunch.  During those four hours, Zoe and Paul have cleaned out and organized the closet where I keep my serving dishes, cleaned and organized the laundry room, cleaned out a closet at the end of the hall for me to use to store some items, and worked on a closet in the basement.


Never neglect the little things. Never skimp on that extra effort, that additional few minutes, that soft word of praise or thanks, that delivery of the very best that you can do. It does not matter what others think, it is of prime importance, however, what you think about you. You can never do your best, which should always be your trademark, if you are cutting corners and shirking responsibilities. You are special. Act it. Never neglect the little things.

Og Magnino

No comments: