7/6/18

Gathering Graces 7/5/2018

*It was a bit warmer on our walk this morning.  Temperatures are predicted to get high today.  Hello summer!!
*Work at the Sierra Silver Mine Tour was a bit of a slower pace today, which was nice.  Business was steady, but not as many big groups coming through, and it was nice.
*Molly, Zoe and Jason came up to Wallace and did the mine tour this afternoon.  They really enjoyed it.
*When I got home, Paul, Zoe, Jason and I walked down to the Farmer’s Market, and I bought some cheese.  This time I bought Romano, marinated peppercorn feta, and some tzatziki cheese spread.  I ate some of the Romano cheese when I got home.  I also got a blister on my left foot.  I had changed my footwear, and that was a really bad idea!!
*Paul and Jason went and bought some chicken to put on the grill.  I went and took a short nap while I waited for dinner.  Laurie arrived a bit later, then Cosette and her boyfriend Taylor arrived, then Travis came as well.  We had a full house tonight!!
*I received a copy of the college transcript today.  It was interesting seeing what classes I took during my college years. Some I remembered, some I did not.
*There was a customer at the mine tour today from Spokane.  She told me a story I had never heard before, and I wonder if any of you remember this.  She said a group of students from either Wallace of Kellogg marched in the Spokane Torchlight parade after the Sunshine Mine Disaster wearing miner’s hats with their lights on.  She thought it was the same year it happened, 1972.  But I can’t imagine pulling something together like that in such a short time, right after it happened.  Maybe it was the next year.  Anyone with any knowledge or remembrance of a group of students doing this?  If so, it would be a great story to follow up on.

No comments: