7/26/18

Gathering Graces 7/25/2018

*Dare to Imagine Camp continues, as we worked with first and second graders all day today.  Wow, do they like to move!!  Lots of energy, and they have mostly lost their shyness from day one.  Today we shared with them the story of the three friends who brought their paralyzed friend to Jesus, and cut a hole in the roof of a house, and dropped him down through the roof so Jesus could heal him.  Jesus not only healed him, but also forgave the man of his sins. 
*During the drama activity, we realized we needed to do a lot more moving around than we did with the third and fourth graders, so we found a lot of songs to dance to and move around with during our two drama sessions.  But, again, what an awesome opportunity to be planting the seeds of God’s love into the lives of these students.  And partnering with not only the churches in the Silver Valley, but the three school districts as well, who provide the building, bus transportation, and resources to help make this summer camp for students a success!!
*When we arrived home, I rested for a while, and watched a few episodes of Blue Bloods.  I got some more things crossed off my “to do” list, which felt really good.  Paul headed up to the theater to help with concessions at the show tonight, and I worked on some VIPKIDS stuff.  Even though I have been hired, there are still some things I want to learn and do before I start scheduling classes.
*Last night was so pleasant out on the patio.  It was a really nice temperature, there were no bugs, and it was very calm and peaceful.  I picked some more raspberries, and enjoyed eating them right out of the bowl.  I walked around the yard, and checked on how things were doing.    It has been such a blessing this summer to feel like I have had the time to actually enjoy my yard and garden.  I am already planning on creating new garden spaces for next summer.  I am thinking perhaps a Wizard of Oz garden, especially now that I have a lot of poppy seeds from Grandma Taylor’s seed collection, and also an Italian garden space.  We are also going to get rid of our raised bed in our vegetable garden and create new ones.  We would like to do that this fall, so we need to plan how many beds to create, and where to position them.  Some of them now do not get adequate sunlight, so some of the vegetables are not growing as good as they could.
*The “theme verse” for the camp this week is Ephesians 3:20 that says, “Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us.”   I am so thankful that I believe in a God who does more than my little brain can every ask or imagine.  And if these kids this week can get even a glimpse of how great and how BIG our loving God is, then that is a praise right there. 

No comments: