7/31/18

Gathering Graces 7/30/2018

*When Christy shared some seeds with me last winter, one kind was a summer squash medley.  I have five different plants come up.  Two of them were these round, light green summer squash.  I looked it up yesterday, and they are called Ronde de Nice squash, and are an heirloom variety from France.  I can’t wait to cook them and see what they taste like.  I also have one plant that is a crookneck, one that is zucchini, and one that has blossoms, but the squash are not big enough to determine what kind they are.
*This morning I spent time uploading files to my Google drive, and doing some other things in preparation of meeting with the new counselor at KHS.  We met this morning, and I shared with her some things I did with students, and we had a good visit for a couple of hours.  My school email will be going away in a couple of days, so I took time today to download and transfer all the information to have it in case I need to reference it sometime in  the future.
*Paul and I came home and had some lunch, and, because it was in the high 90’s outside, I decided to stay inside and watch some Chopped and nap a little, and just have some down time.  It was so nice to just relax and enjoy being inside where it was much cooler than it was outside.
*The evening was very pleasant as it started to cool down.  Paul and I are starting to make plans for the reconstruction of our raised beds, and how that area is going to look.  I am excited to make some changes and work on that this fall.
*Our tomatoes are going crazy!!  I love being able to go out in the evening and pick a few and slice them up for dinner.  Tonight, we tried one of our heirloom varieties, Paul Robeson.  It was so good.  The Fourth of July tomatoes continue to ripen as well.  They are so good right off the vine, nice a warm, and sliced with nothing on them.  Ahhhh, the wonderful tastes of summer. 
*I have decided to try and save seeds this fall from as many plants as I can.  I pulled up my pea plants today, and picked all the remaining pods to dry out and use for seeds next fall.  I am going to try and do that with some of the other plants as well.

No comments: