7/5/18

Gathering Graces 7/4/2018

*Nikki and I stopped off at The Bean at the end of our walk to have my birthday coffee.  Emalie greeted us and let us in, and we said hello to April Muhs and her dog Silver Bells as well.  I had a delicious Breve with some sugar free Coconut flavoring.  Yum!!  Thanks for the coffee Nikki!!

Coffee! Coffee! Coffee!
*I got home and ordered my college transcript.  Because today is a national holiday, it may slow things down a bit.  But I am hoping I receive a link in an email to download my transcript as a pdf file, and then upload it to the VIPKID website as soon as possible.
*Then I was off to the Sierra Silver Mine Tour today for work.  We had two tour buses today.  The group in the morning was from Oklahoma, and the one in the afternoon was from New Mexico.  Both groups were full of wonderful people and I enjoyed talking to each one who came to my counter. 
*As Christy has been recuperating from her knee surgery, one thing she really likes as a treat is ice cream.  We sell really GREAT tasting Brain Freeze ice cream at the mine tour office.  I had taken photos of all the different flavors of ice cream we sell, and asked Christy if she wanted me to bring her some.  Later in the day, she put in her order.  She wanted Muddy Cups and Dirty Dishes (a chocolate/peanut butter combo), and Everett wanted Maple Bacon.  When I got off work, I stopped by to visit with Christy and she LOVED the ice cream.  If you are a local to the Silver Valley, or come into town to visit, I highly recommend you take an outing to the mine tour office in Wallace and try their ice cream.  You will not be disappointed.
*By the time I left Christy, I was wiped out!!  Paul fixed me up some dinner, and that perked me up a bit.  I finally had a chance to do some fertilizing on my roses and potted plants this evening.  It was good to get that done tonight.
*Some of the biggest news from the day was receiving photographs throughout the day as the outside of our house transformed from yellow to Chimney Smoke, as Paul, Zoe and Jason worked on our current painting project.  I love the color.  It is a little darker gray than I was thinking, but now that it is on the house, .  They it is perfect. The rest of the gray should be painted on the house tomorrow, and then I finally get to contribute to the project by doing some painting on Friday. 
*Around 9:30 p.m., Paul, Laurie, Molly, Zoe, Jason and I walked up on the dike road to find our spot to watch the fireworks. It was a nice show, and we had a great view.
*But that was just the warm up!!  Next we came home, and Paul put on his own “safe and sane” fireworks show, which is always the highlight of the Fourth of July evening.  April, I always think of you when Paul does his fireworks show, because I know it was always a treat for you!!  No one can narrate setting off fireworks like Paul!!

This may have been Rainbow in the Dark fountain.

No comments: