3/30/20

Gathering Graces 3/29/2020 The Game of Life


With churches closed down, we are blessed to have the ability to have church in our own home.  Paul and I both read a book recently titled "The Eternal Current: How A Practice Based Faith Can Keep Us From Drowning" by Aaron Neiquist.  We have been wanting to incorporate this practice into our personal worship time at home, so today we went to digitalchurch.nyc and joined Trinity Grace Church Tribeca for their Sunday morning service.  This service included an opening worship number with four kids leading the song.  Then a poem was shared by a teen, and then a worship song, with each members of the worship team spread out throughout the sanctuary.  Then a "Generosity Prayer" was shared and the sharing of Grace and Peace.  A church member shared a Gospel reading from John 11:17-44, and Michael Rudzena preached a sermon on these verses about the story of Jesus bringing Lazarus to the dead.  This was followed by a recitation of the Apostles Creed, and time of Prayers for the People, a time of Confession and Assurance, and then a time of Communion.  There was a Benediction and the singing of the Doxology.  I know many people have connected with other Christians through digital services.  What a blessing.  I know it was for us.

Now that we finished the first season of "Picard", and have a whole month free of CBS All Access, I searched what was on it, and found I have not watched the last two seasons of NCIS.  Let the binge watching begin!!

It was raining pretty hard and I didn't feel like going outside to walk, so I went down and rode our exercise bike for about an hour.  I find daily exercise is a must during this time.

Zoe wanted to play another game tonight, so we pulled out The Game of Life.  We didn't quite play it right at the beginning, but we figured it out by the end.  I was the big winner of today's game.



As Paul and I were visiting at the end of the evening, I realized that my online teaching is a good thing that is helping me cope with our staying at home time.  I like having one constant in my day that gives me a certain rhythm to my day.  At 2:30 a.m. I wake up, I start teaching at 3 a.m., and teach until 6 a.m. I love having this connection with these students on a daily basis.  During the week, when I am done teaching, I go for a walk.  Then I come home, read my Bible, do my feedback from classes, and then back to bed for about 3 hours, then I get up and eat lunch, and figure out what happens for the rest of the day.

No comments: