3/26/20

Gathering Graces 3/25/2020 Snow Day, Brisket and Picard...and what was lost has been found!!!

If you are a fan of the show on Amazon Prime called "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel", you are well aware of the fact that she is known for making brisket.

I have never made a brisket, but when I purchased our beef order last fall, there was a brisket as part of the order.  Every time I see Midge Maisel make a brisket, I have wanted to try it out.

So what better way to spend a snowy day than preparing a brisket and letting it cook in the slow cooker all day.


The night before I dried off the meat and rubbed it with smoky paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper and let it sit in the fridge all night.



The next day I seared the meat on all sides.  I cut up some onions and put them in the bottom of the slow cooker.  I put the meat on the onions, then poured over some freshly made beef broth over the meat with some garlic.


I put it on low and let it cook for four hours, then added some Yukon Gold potatoes and some carrots, and let it cook another two hours.


Zoe made a green salad and we had ourselves a delicious, comforting, healthy meal to warm us up on this snowy day in March.

Paul is a big Star Trek fan.  Paul has been anticipating being able to watch the new show "Picard" on CBS All Access. Zoe found out it no longer cost anything to watch the first season.  So we watched a couple of the episodes this evening as we warmed ourselves by the fire.

Oh, and great news!!  Cosette's car has been found in Clarkston by the police.  We were excited to hear this wonderful news!!  She will drive down to Lewiston and pick it up on Saturday.

No comments: