12/21/18

Gathering Graces 12/17/2018

*I am glad I had my book group lunch here on Friday, because that meant the house is still picked up, and not much was needed to do today to prepare for the Sixth Street Theater Board Christmas Party we hosted tonight.  Instead of a lot of cleaning, all I had to do was focus on the food preparation.
*After making my list of things I needed, I headed uptown to the Post Office to get some stamps and then stopped in at the drug store, that used to be Sunnyside Drug, but is now called something else.  It is basically in the same location, just on the other side of the building.  I found a few things I couldn’t live without at the store.
*Yokes was my final stop to get items to make spaghetti, meatballs and red sauce, and a green salad.  This was an delicious and easy meal to make for dinner tonight.  I love meatballs, and I should make them more often.  They were delicious.  I can’t eat pasta much anymore, so I enjoyed the meatballs with the red sauce over them.  Other board members brought other goodies to share for dinner, and we had a really great selection of food to eat tonight.
*Paul is still a member of the theater board.  I resigned at the end of last year since I knew I would be having some changes coming in my life.  I don’t regret my decisions, but I do miss seeing the people on the board as often as I used to.  What a wonderful group of people, and I am so glad they gathered at our home last night to eat, talk and have a fun gift exchange.  It was a wonderful evening.  Thanks for a great evening Ken, Cherri, Norma, Anita, Terri, Indy, and Mike.  Paul and I enjoyed having you in our home.  And Paul and I received some wonderful gifts from some of our very talented board members.  I received a homemade wreath made by Norma, and Paul received a beautiful Christmas ornament made by Indy.


*Christy saw her primary care provider today and was told she may need to go to Coeur d’Alene to see her doctor who treated her wound at Kootenai Medical Center.  Fortunately, when his nurse called her back, they had a different treatment option, and Christy will go on Wednesday for her regularly scheduled appointment to see her doctor then.  It has been a rough couple of days for Christy.  We are praying things will begin being more comfortable for her soon.

No comments: