12/14/18

Gathering Graces 12/13/2018

*The morning started off at the Uptown Salon with my hair getting a cut and color.  Always a fun touch for the holidays!!  Christy showed up toward the end of my appointment to get pampered with both a manicure and a pedicure.  She deserved that pampering today!!
*Returning home, I kicked it into high gear, and had a very productive afternoon.  I roasted a chicken to put in my Hot Chicken Salad recipe that I will be serving for book group tomorrow.  I canned some jars of Lavendar Wine Jelly and Herbs de Provence Wine Jelly.  I channeled my mother and made one of her Christmas cookie favorites, Seven Layer Cookies along with some Heath Bar Cookies.  It felt great to be bustling around the kitchen all day!!
*I have wanted to send my friend April, who lives in Italy, a present, but shipping can be very expensive.  After she told me about her using Amazon to ship presents here in the U.S., I thought I could do the same, only in reverse!!  So I was very proud of myself as I navigated my way through the Italian amazon.it website, with a lot of help from Google translate, and found gifts for April and ordered them, only paid $4 for shipping, and, if all goes well and I did it correctly, the package should arrive on her doorstep on December 19th!!  How cool is that? 

No comments: