2/16/15

Sibling Assignment 2015.5: Boy Crazy #3Siblings

Since it was Valentine's Day weekend, I gave the sibling assignment with a Valentine's theme:

Think back to celebrating Valentine's Day in Elementary School, and share about any memory or memories you may have from one or more of those celebrations, and how it made you feel.
 
Here is Bill's post about Hating Valentine's Day here, and Christy has her Loving Valentine's Day blog post here.
 
My, how Valentine's expectations have changed for me since back in grade school.
 
For example, I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day with my Valentine Paul this year.  We drove to Coeur d'Alene and had breakfast at the Garnet CafĂ©.  Then we came home and took a nap.  Then we walked the dogs.  The we had dinner at my mom's house with Christy and Everett.  Then came home and visited with Coco and her three friends before they headed back to Moscow.  Then Paul and I started watching "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" on Netflix, until it got too late, and it was time to head to bed.
 
Just the fact I got to spend the whole day with Paul made this Valentine's Day very special.
 
I think I was a little boy crazy back in elementary school, so I probably really analyzed the Valentine's certain boys gave me, and probably read more into it than was actually there.
 
Apparently me liking boys goes back to at least back to second grade.  Recently my mom has been going through old photos, cards and letters, and she found the following letter I wrote to my Auntie Lila when I was in second grade.
 
 
I have no recollection of who this "boyfriend" might have been.  But it looks like I have written proof that I had one at the young age of seven.
 
I wonder what kind of Valentine I received from this "boyfriend" of mine?
 
Looking back on Valentine's Day with Paul, one of my favorite Valentine's memories was one of the first years we were married.  We were living in Glendive, Montana, and we traveled to Billings, Montana for the weekend.  We each were given $10 to buy the other person some Valentine's gifts in the mall in Billings.  That evening, we saw Bobby McFerrin in concert, before he was really famous.  What a wonderful concert.
 
Valentine's used to be about getting cute cards or special candies.
 
These days, the best Valentine's present I could ask for is what I got this year, spending the whole day with my one and only Valentine Paul.
 
I guess I'm still boy crazy after all these years.....but the craziness is all for one special boy named Paul!
 
 

No comments: