9/3/07

Ear Piercing: A Twelfth Birthday Tradition

When I was 12 years old I got to get my ears pierced. I remember going up to Wallace to a jewelry store there and getting my ears pierced.

I decided to make this a milestone in my daughters lives as well.
When The Princess turned 12, we went to Coeur d'Alene and she got her ears pierced, and I got another hole on my earlobes.

Last summer, when Z2 got her ears pierced, I got a third hole on my ears.

Today it was Kiki Aru's turn. Here she is after she got her ears pierced, and a look at the new earlobe.


Since my earlobe was full, I decided to pierce the cartilage on the upper part of my right ear.



(Actually, I wanted to get a small stud in my nose, but they didn't do that at Claire's in the mall. Maybe another day!)

Kiki Aru's actual birthday is Wednesday, but with school starting tomorrow, we decided to do the ear piercing today.

1 comment:

Christy Woolum said...

Does this mean earrings will be on everyone's Christmas list??