1/19/19

Gathering Graces 1/18/2019

*The morning was spent finishing The Gentleman in Moscow.  I was so glad I finished it before our discussion at book group.  It was such a fascinating book.  I love reading books where I learn a little about the history of the time.  This was set in post-Revolution Russia.  The author, Amor Towles, also wrote a book called Rules of Civility that I am getting from the library to read.
*I put together a salad similar to the salad Travis and Molly prepared for our Chinese Dinner on Christmas Eve.  Except I added whatever vegetables I had in the fridge, but added the same dressing.  It was so colorful and delicious.
*My salad paired well with the Teriyaki Chicken and Rice Nancy served for lunch at book group.  Our meals never disappoint as we all bring food to add to our lunch each month.  It was a wonderful discussion of the book.  We all LOVE it.  It was also fun catching up with everyone after the holidays.
*During the evening I was “transported to China” as I taught five different students. I had one delightful boy named Taurus who had all kinds of questions to ask me about the pictures of the snow and winter that I show the students, many of which are from my yard, and have family members in them.  He liked learning about my family and my pets.  He also showed me a picture of his cute dog.

No comments: