8/16/18

Gathering Graces 8/15/2018

*The air was a little hazy again today, as fires continue to burn all around the Silver Valley.  And temperatures continue to remain high, with no rain in the forecast.  A nice rain and cooler temperatures would be very welcome.
*The world continues to come to Wallace, Idaho.  I met a couple from France today.  We briefly visited about my visit to Italy last summer, and they said next time I need to visit France.  That is definitely in the plans!!
*Paul had a tooth extracted today, and had some procedure done to prepare him for an implant, which will happen after the first of the year. 
*Since Paul had been to the dentist, he can only eat soft food.  I decided to spiralize some of my zucchini and make “zoodles”, then pick some tomatoes, cut them up and make a sauce.  I sauteed some onions in a pan, then added the cut up tomatoes  I added some red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and Italian Seasoning  I reduced it down for bit.  I put the zoodles in a bowl, and added some small mozzarella balls.  I covered the zoodles with the tomato sauce, and topped it off with fresh Parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves.  It was SO GOOD!!
*This Friday evening, Paul, Tim Arnhold and I will be singing songs at a spaghetti dinner fund-raiser at our church for our friend Brenda Renfro Erickson.  Brenda needs money for a fence to be built around her backyard so she can bring home her newly acquired service dog, a Diabetic Alert Dog, specially trained for Brenda by SDWR (Service Dogs by Warren Retrievers).  Tonight Paul and I sat outside on the patio and practiced some of the songs we will be singing.


No comments: