6/1/18

Gathering Graces 5/31/2018

*I bid farewell to the Class of 2018 during their senior breakfast this morning.  It was their last day at KHS today, with a breakfast, then graduation practice.  I sang them Rod Stewart’s song Forever Young, with the help of  Paul on guitar, Simon Miller on Cajon, and my wonderful "back up singers", Elana Estill, Deborah Hays Reese, Lori Hendrix, Erin Schneider Stevenson, Jeanne Martz Hendrix, Julie Hanson, Tori Sheppard and Jerry Williams.  Here is the video if you want to watch.




*It was hard to focus at work today, with all the energy from the seniors still in the building.  I did get my desk cleaned off somewhat, and I am starting the process of cleaning out my office.
*When I came for lunch today, the house was FREEZING!!  I broke down and turned up the heat, so it would take the chill off.  It felt much better when I arrived home after work.  Paul started a fire in the fireplace, and we enjoyed that warmth throughout the evening.
*Grilled steak, shrimp and fried zucchini were on tonight’s menu.  I think that is one of my favorite combos....steak and shrimp.  Yum, yum!!
*I almost made my goal of getting at least 10,000 steps each day for the month of May.  I made it every day but today.  I was short by about 500 steps.  I had taken a bath, and got ready for bed, and didn’t walk around to get those last 500 steps in before I got into bed.  Darn!!  Well, tomorrow begins another month, and I will strive to reach my goal next month.


No comments: